Thursday 25 July 2013

Los Angeles

Pin It Now!










We arrived at our hotel in Santa Monica really late after spending the entire day driving along Big Sur. We had hoped to stop in Santa Barbara on the way but didn't have time. I was delighted to get to the hotel and into bed and very excited about the next few days in LA. The weather had been beautiful so far and LA didn't disappoint.  First day in LA and we happened upon the filming of an episode of Criminal Minds. I loved this place already! I'm a sucker for celebrity. I even made himself drive us around for almost a full day looking for houses of famous people (we saw the houses of Bob Dylan, Barbara Streisand, Matthew McConaughey, Pamela Anderson and almost Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie but he wouldn't drive down the private road!). Driving through Beverly Hills and Hollywood and seeing iconic places like Chateau Marmont and The Viper Room reminded me how much I love Hollywood and the movies. I think I was born in the wrong era. Alot of people complain about how plastic LA is but I really did love it and would go back in a heartbeat.

Track of the Day:  Liz Phair - Fuck and Run

An oldie but a goodie.

No comments:

Post a Comment